Monday, December 17, 2018

Look back challenge

Last night as I was driving home from work I realized 11 years ago I lived right in that neighborhood. I could almost see all the unforgettable crazy, fun, stupid, and sometimes scary moments of life then. As I laughed at that me I realized how much I had changed. Not one thing I did back then would I do now.

As I fell asleep I sat with me back then (before kids) and really examined the difference between us. Not just in actions, but my thoughts, belief systems,  things of importance... For fun I told myself back then about my boys, my husband, my house, and my life. You know what she did? She laughed in my face took a drink of her vodka and root beer and a long drag of her cigarette. Then she said "you must be on some good drugs".

You see she didn't want kids, a husband, and a house on the hill. She wanted to party all day and night. I'm so happy life happened to her. As it did she turned into me. I would never go back to her. I am thankful for her, she showed me a lot, but I love me.

You see as you go through life just living you don't see the amazing changes you make until you turn around and really look. Everyone sometime today look at you 10 years ago. If your younger go back a few years. Then you can see the amazing progress you have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment